Saturday, September 15, 2007

NEW REVELATION

In today's newspaper there was an article about home buying. They clearly defined who was buying the homes by their generation. The article was interesting in the fact that it it broke down what was hot and what was not. I determined our house was in the middle, and since we only have 10 years left to pay on it, it is almost payed off! Here is what I learned.

HOT
In ground swim pools
Floor plans with open, flowing spaces
Bold colors
Granite counter tops
Wall-mounted flat-screen TVs
High-tech appliances
"Green" concepts such as high-efficiency water devices

NOT
Compartmentalized layouts
Dark paneling
Formica counter tops
Separate formal dining rooms
Large entertainment centers

So, I guess being in the middle isn't so bad when you have such a diverse generation living under one roof. According to the paper our household consist of, one baby boomer, one generation X, one generation Y, and I guess (yet to be named) two generation Z!


Since I skipped yesterday, I must get today's thought out.
GET IN BALANCE
I think that says it all. Joyce's thought is about love and God but I think we can apply this to so much more. From our inside to our outside, balance is the key. We need to find what keeps us in balance and make the point to keep that in check.

No comments: