Wednesday, September 12, 2007

INTRODUCING...

Levi's class! We are working on a art project for the fundraiser coming up. The idea is to form a group picture of all his classmates on a bed tray. We ask them to do a self portrait using things that their parents might identify them with. Some things you can tell easily what they are and some are a little more difficult. They had done this already on the cover of a journal that they had in class. We gave them 2 1/2 by 4 inch papers to use and this proved to be a little more difficult. We ask them to take up most of the paper but some of them just couldn't do it. That is why you see a size difference in them. Most of the smaller ones are the shorter kids which I think is interesting.

Joe and I both went to help but didn't want to help too much. I wanted to see what they could come up with on their own. If I saw they were really struggling I would step in then and do minimal. One child ask me to draw her a smile so she could show her teeth, so I did. She said she was happy with it and proceeded to draw the teeth. I came back around later and noticed she had erased it. I had to ask her if she didn't like the mouth I had drawn and she said it made her look mean. I guess it' s one of those things you just don't know until you try it! We had a great time even thought it was a little exhausting. Only the part that you had to keep telling them to stay on task.

See if you can pick out my boy. Only one hint-he is on the left side. Now go on and give it your best shot.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Levi, the soccer player! Very cute idea. I love them. Budding artist all.

Dina said...

that is sooo cute! great idea!!

Kathy said...

Mom-right on! Do you think you could have picked him out without the hint?