Sunday, January 06, 2008

I MUST BE DREAMING

Does anyone out there remember their dreams?

I have always loved to dream. Over the years I have given much thought to my dreams. I don't always remember them, and quite often I have to put forth a lot of effort to recall them. I have been doing some research, trying to dig deeper into the meanings. It seems that most recently as in the past few months I have been dreaming of houses, rooms, dressers. What does it all mean?!

I think our bodies are powerful beings. So complex and yet so simple. It's one thing to contemplate the meaning of life, it's another to contemplate how to make the most of it. I think the only way to do that is with solitude and time. Our lives are so full of the busy day to day that one must make time to stop and listen to our bodies. What are they telling us? Feed me, exercise me, rest me, love me...

That is my goal for the new year, really listen to my body and find out what I need. I know you are thinking I should already be doing that, and I am. I just want to dig deeper. I feel good, really good and I guess that is what has got me thinking. I want to stay like this forever, only better. If I have the tools that will only help. Of course, I know nothing is set in stone and this is only the beginning. If I can't improve myself, how can I be an example for others?

Give me your thoughts, I will come back to this topic later.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I have lived in this house for almost 32 years, yet I don't remember ever having a dream take place here. Just a few nights ago I had a dream where I was my present age but I was in the house I lived in as a child. The funny part is I only lived there about 12 years and not all of the time. If there is a home in my dreams, it is always one of the houses where we lived before here. I think this should mean something but I don't have a clue.

Dina said...

Kathy, i do remember dreams. I used to keep a dream diary. As SOON as I woke up i would add my entry...even if it was nothing. The more I wrote about them, the more I REMEMBERED THEM!! It is a interesting topic. I wished I drempt more of my parents. I hardly dream of them. when I do , I usually feel soo good cuz I got to "see" them again!