Sunday, November 16, 2008

ALL THINGS RANDOM part two

I have been wanting to post all week but it seems like my life gets busy and busier. So, fitting, I thought I would make a random blog of (a very small portion) the things that have gone on in my life recently.

It seems the most pressing is my girlfriend, Paula. She lost her mom (the one I was asking for prayers for) last Monday, the 10th. She is suffering a great loss, as anyone who has lost both of their parents can relate to. I am fortunate in not having experience that myself, but have lost some really wonderful family that I was close with. Having said that, I am at a loss for her. She and I have know each other for a long time but have gotten closer through the recent years. I have extended myself to be there for her. She is reluctant and distant. I need help in suggestions of what I can do to help her through this process, if there is any helping. For those of you that have been through this do you have any suggestions??? Thank you all for your prayers

Some other things...

Joe ended up in the ER last Thursday. He had a severe case of diverticulitis. I had heard of it before, but not seen it in action. Joe is not a complainer so to see him in such pain was hard. The hospital did a cat scan of his abdomen and came back with the diagnosis. He was sent home with a prescription for TWO antibiotics and a pain pill. I new it was going to be bad. With all the talk of overuse of both, I didn't think they would prescribe them with out warrant. I was right, it took a week of suffering before it got better. And, thankful to say, he is back to normal.
This is my client (friend) I have had for 20 years. She has always let me do what ever I want with her hair. To my surprise she came in and was ready to cut her long hair. Not wanting to freak her out, I didn't take a picture of the before look. Now, I am sorry I didn't. Her long hair was pretty but this is sooo much better.

I just love this picture of Levi. It really captures him.


I guess this really captures him too. I bought this wet suit at Goodwill for $10. I couldn't pass it up. I am very cold sensitive and our annual trip to the Smoky Mountains in early June came to mind when I saw it. Joe thinks I am crazy for needing a wet suit but if I am to go into cold water I don't want to do it without one. I don't think they wear out so it won't be long before it will fit Naomi by the looks of the way it fits Levi. You know this captures Naomi too, if the cameras out and she's around, she'll be there doing her best.



There is so much to say about this picture without even using words. I'm going to help you out by pointing out the obvious (to me). First, this in not a normal look for Sam. The kids always like to see our bird and most of them want to hold him. Well, he really doesn't like to be held but is very comfortable on your shoulder. The problem with that is he is close to your face. Most kids are freaked out by that and to make matters worse, he will nibble at anything that is dark (like moles and freckles) or strings, whatever interest him. Second, you have got to love the hat. It was on of the first things we noticed. When questioned about it, he said his Daddy bought it for him at a gas station. Molly just shakes her head. Last, the kid has style. In addition to the hat, the Ambercrobie shirt is fitting. Ambercrombie and Hustler what a statement.




3 comments:

Dianne said...

Great photos! I hope Joe is feeling better.

Dina said...

wow, sooo many things going on!! sorry to here about Joe!! glad he's better

Dina said...

hmmm, I don't know exactly what advise for your friend..Holidays are tough (lost my Dad 6 days before xmas). Everyone grieves differently. As long as she knows that your there...does she have siblings??? If she doesn't , that is a whole nother issue....Prayers for her to heal is all one can do. so sad to hear!!