Friday, November 21, 2008

WHAT'S OLD IS NEW

I am showing my age here but after my recent birthday, it seems I am showing my age anyway.

Elijah is bring back old memories for me. With the recent room remodel he has been fascinated with old music, specifically, music on vinyl. He found out that I had an old turntable stashed in the basement and pleaded with me to let him get it out. Of course it didn't take too much pleading and he has been listening to the past since then. Which has only been a day because he quickly found out that the old system didn't work too well with the new. There is a teeny tiny problem. He needs a pre-amp. Quizzing me on my childhood stereo system. Wondering if it was mine or Meme and Pops. Where it was, and the list goes on.

He has been funny, trying to figure this all out. HOW we could have only listened to a few songs at a time and not been bored out of our minds. The whole 45 vs. 33 thing. Is it OK to pick up the arm and move it? Did I get to have the record player in my room? If life wasn't complicated enough, there were so many new questions! Most of all, when can he get a pre-amp???? One of my all time favorites. I'm surprised it still even plays.
I loved to sing along with her! Specifically, The Rivers to Wide.

This is a double album! Cool pictures on the inside too.
I had a few more and realized you might want to see them too. Nothing says the 70's like Disco Donny Osmond!

4 comments:

Dianne said...

What is a pre-amp? Am I showing my age? I'm glad Elijah likes the old music. We are really looking forward to seeing you all next week. We have BIG plans!

Kathy said...

Mom-The pre-amp is the processing part of the amplifier. Because of technology, we are trying to blend the old with the new. It will make the volume louder. (Above a whisper as it is now doing).

Next week will be here befor you know it!!!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, give me a part number if you can find one. I now someone that has alot of old stuff like that and I'll see if I can find it. Larry

Dina said...

I loved all those albums tooooooo!!