Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ANOTHER YEAR OLDER and feeling like it!

I'm not much of a complainer, but I feel the need to share with you my misery. I hurt my back! I'm not sure how I did it, maybe it was the high heels I wore Saturday night. Maybe it was working in my office, sitting in awkward positions. Maybe it is just getting older. I have never hurt it before, and hope I never do again. It is one of those things that doesn't hurt all the time, just when I forget and move suddenly, THEN, I remember.

On a positive note, I added some things to my sidebar. I finally was able to add my girlfriends website to the page. Check her out if you haven't already. With Christmas right around the corner you will find lots of wonderful gifts there. The link for the spiritual website is the book I have been reading, The Language of Letting Go. It doesn't always pertain to my life but I usually find something I can relate to.

Lastly, I want to share my birthday with you. Because it falls so close to Joe's I told my family I didn't want a cake. Instead, I wanted to celebrate by playing games with my family. It seems like we have a hard time getting together to play. I started with cards, but ended with Yahtzee because it is the easiest, and fastest for all to play. I usually don't do very good and end up with a low score but I was lucky last night. I scored TWO Yahtzee's and didn't have to cross anything off which is unusual. I ended up with a final score of 473, that is after I got my bonus birthday Yahtzee. I wasn't the only one that was lucky, Joe ended up with three Yahtzee's. It was a lot of fun and I hope we get to do it again soon. On a side note, Levi is hooked on Scrabble and wanting to play that. I reminded him that someone we love has a nice Scrabble game and would love to play with him soon!

3 comments:

Dina said...

You Yathzee QUEEN!!! glad you had fun....but how you traded a CAKE for board games...unfortunatley I woulda chose the cake...thats why your cute & SKINNY!!!

Kathy said...

Dina-there is a catch. We bought a big ice cream cake for Joe's birthday and still have some left. So, I did get cake and ate it too!

Dianne said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! Sorry to hear abour your back. Try heat. You may have pulled a muscle.
Love ya and am looking forward to next week!