Thursday, August 23, 2007

FAIRY FURNITURE

This is some of our collection of Fairy furniture. Joe and I got into making it about 9 years ago when I went over to a friends house and saw her collection. Before that, I had never even thought about doing something so different.

Being outside a lot we have collected a great many things. Nature has so much to offer and I have to resist the urge to pick up most things. I find beauty everywhere! So obviously when you collect things you have to find something to do with them. The Fairy furniture seemed like the perfect solution. Get a small piece of rustic looking furniture and then adorn it with natural gems.

Since there are 2 of us and Elijah was small at the time he helped too. My friend Jane had the furniture class at her farm and we had tons of fun! These first two pieces were made there and then we did the cradle on our own. They obviously looked better 9 years ago but I don't recall having picture of them when we made them. When I was dusting the other day I couldn't resist capturing them to share. As I have said before, my taste is not for everyone but it gives me the best feeling to see something so beautiful that we created. Remembering the times that we spent outdoors, enjoying the day and finding the treasures that were used.




2 comments:

Dianne said...

I had forgotten how pretty your fairy furniture is. It is nice to have a way to display the unique bits that attract our attention. When we see something glittering and pick it up, now you know what to do with it. Save it for just the right place on the chair.

Dina said...

I've never seen that, I love it!!!
you guys are soo talented!