Monday, August 06, 2007

PLAYING BY THE RULES (revised)

I have been tagged by my cousin and fellow blogger, Dina to post 8 meaningless things about myself. I took the time while I mowed the grass to mull this over. I must admit this was harder than I thought. The list could go on and on and I thought of some good meaningful things too, which is what this is all about. Stop and think about our lives and then share with others. (That is what our sermon at church was about yesterday) I think it is fascinating how the world works if we listen to it! So I was up for some fun and I'm sure the list would be different had I not had the time I did to think it over. ENJOY

1. I hate being sweaty and dirty, (unless I am camping or doing something else that I would consider fun).

2. I like to look different but don't necessarily like being looked at.

3. For most of my life I wore a size 6 shoe. My foot grew a 1/2 size with each kid!

4. I wear 3 braids at the nape of my neck because the hair there is straight and wont curl for anything.

5. I have 2 tattoos, the first one I got 20 years ago before tattoos were cool.

6. I love to dream and wish I knew what it all meant.

7. I really like the blog/computer, it has opened a new world for me.

8. I would rather do what some would consider "man's work" than "women's work".

That's better, after sleeping on it. I know it's silly but I like to really think over meaningless stuff.

5 comments:

Dina said...

Kathy, I love those. I almost got flushed when I read that you "thought" it out..I SHOULD OF DONE THAT!! I just wrote down 8 things off the top of my head...your probably mowing the lawn going "ok, Dina CLEARLY didn't give hers much thought, so let me do this right"! ha ha ha

what are your tattoos of? I ALWAYS WANTED one, but never did.

Kathy said...

Dina-Now who's the funny one? Like you I had way too many ideas. I thought yours were great!

I always wanted one too. So the first one I got was on my right shoulderblade and it is a small black widow spider with a web. The whole thing is a little bigger than a 50 cent piece. I was pretty tough, no fancy rose for me! The other one is on the front of my left leg. It is a ladybug put over a keloid scar. I wish I hadn't got that one but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Dianne said...

Yours were good. You should have mentioned that you always wore a band-aid on the ladybug anytime you were around your grandmothers.

Kathy said...

Mom-I DID think about that! That, and the fact that the first thing Dad said when he saw my spider was, "that was stupid". Clasic in his sweet matter of fact voice.

Dina said...

you guys are FUNNY!!
I can HEAR my dad say the saaaame thing if I got one...thats why I didn't...I wasnt a rebel, I listened..sort of .

don't worry , they'll be plenty more times I can tag you, to tell the bandaid story..