Wednesday, August 29, 2007

SOMETHING SCARY (may not be suitable for younger viewers)

I have been wanting to post this since the beginning of school. I have been a little busy but am catching my breath, so here it is.

I have kept some things from my past. For the few things that I felt like I had, it seems I kept all of them for some time and have gradually gotten rid of some of them. My Lidsville lunchbox is something that has been around for over 30 years. My kids don't seem impressed by it but I know that I loved it at the time. Now it kind of scares me. I remember the show too, just not very well. Looking at the box I don't know what my parents were thinking letting us watch a show like that! I'm surprised we didn't have nightmares. I guess they just reassured us that it was only a show and not real.

Anyway, I guess because I went to a private school and had to wear a uniform our lunch boxes and shoes were the only ways to show off our individuality. Having to wear the shoes that I did, this was something BIG. I don't remember having any others so I must have carried this for a while, and it certainly looks like it! As children we are never satisfied, I remember the kids that got to carry their lunch in a brown paper bag and wanting to do that. The biggest thing I remember about lunch was Anne H. always had chocolate powder in a little Tupperware container about 1 1/2 high. I was so jealous, I wanted chocolate in a container like that. I don't know if it was the container or the chocolate since that was before you could get a choice at school. Looking back now it's so funny to think about, what was really important.

Memories from school, it wasn't so bad, I made some good friends. Some of them I am still friends with today. We all have a story to tell, some funny, some not but that's life. Stay tuned, I may have a few more!!

Not the original lid, I'm not sure where that is.
Look at these crazy characters!

1 comment:

Dina said...

Oh Kathy, thats classic!! LIDSVILLE...a show of Hat"LIDS" characters!!! I like it, I wish I can see it...by the way, the video is of Tiki & Daddy on a wave. but its the first "video" . i only have still photos of them, and its pretty coool.

thanks for going down memory lane.