Wednesday, August 15, 2007

SCHOOL DAZE

Well, this is it! We did it today without to much of a hitch. Got a little later start than I wanted but with the pictures and all it was worth it.

I didn't see any work from the others but this is what Naomi came home with. I think she did pretty good on this one, I would have like to see what the other kids did but I am proud.
I'm not sure about this one. I don't know if she was supposed to do something other than color it all in but you can see that's what she did.

So if your interested, I have a little something to tell you about the day.
Naomi got 2 compliments today which meant that she got pebbles(teacher's reward system) to spend at the end of the week. She had a great time, a little shy on the drop off but said that she didn't whine or cry. Ate most of her lunch, learned a song, was glad to get to say the Pledge of Allegiance and is ready to go back tomorrow.
Levi has 2 new students in his class. He was very excited about the reading and science program. They are going to study the human body and then will get to dissect owl pellets! He stayed on green all day and was very happy to see his old friends.
Elijah of course had the least to say but seemed really happy. He said he got lost a few times but that he had 5 minutes in between classes so that helped. He saw some of his old classmates and friends and made some new ones. The girls from his old school ask him to eat lunch with him too (that seemed like a big deal but he played it cool).
Funny Naomi story: We have been worried that Naomi will have a hard time in school. She has definitely regressed in her independence this summer so we have been REALLY reminding her how to act lately. So last night I made soup for dinner. We are all sitting around enjoying our meal and I look over and she is eating hers with her hands. Exasperated I say," PLEASE don't eat like that at school". So she picks up her spoon and starts to eat but gives out toward the end of the bowl and ask me to feed her. So I say, "there not going to feed you at school". So she looks at me and says, "Just don't send me any soup for lunch". Oh, OK.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I love it! The children solve their problems. I guess Naomi will just have to eat finger food.

The children all looked really happy in the photos. And so cute in the uniforms.

Dina said...

Great photo's!!! cute idea holding up the grade there in...I guess when Tiki goes to Kindergarden, she make like a gangsta and make a "K" with her fingers!! ha ha

kids look beautiful, and the story was CLASSIC!! of course she wouldn't do that in school, being embarrased by your peers is much more frightening than words from your mother!!!