Friday, August 24, 2007

PEACH PIE

COME AND GET IT!!! Fresh out of the oven, peach pie!

Every summer I look forward to peach season. I guess it is from when I was little, tradition would be to visit my Aunt Net and Uncle Jim. The had a large property with tons of peach trees. I don't remember picking the peaches but I remember My mom and aunt being in the kitchen and bushel baskets of peaches being worked on. Of course, being the kids that we were, I don't remember helping to much because they had a son (several years older) that would play with us. Looking back he probably hated when we came, the 5 of us taking over his house but he never did show it to us. Now the best thing was, they had a PING PONG TABLE. We spent hours playing! They had a big basement and we felt right at home.

Sorry, I got side tracked, back to the peaches. I am a lover of fruit, any fruit but I get burned out on eating the same kind day after day. It would just so happen that when we get peaches (usually given to us by Joe's folks) we get A LOT. As much as I love fruit my kids do too but they are a little more picky. "I don't like the red part where the seed was", "I don't like the peel"..., you get my drift. So when you have picky kids that don't want to eat too much of the peach you look for other ways to use them.

Enter, the peach pie with the almond crumble top! I can use 6 cups which is about 9 peaches in one pie. The kids like it, I use whole wheat flour so I don't feel as guilty when I have that huge slice and It keeps for days without "looking bad". Of course the almond crumble top is what makes it. I am spoiled and probably wouldn't eat a fruit pie with out one any more. Now, any other pie, bring it on! Mom, I tried to hold off on making the pie but the peaches wouldn't last. Maybe next time!

2 comments:

Dina said...

Kathy that looks soo good! I'm not a big peach fan, however, I would not turn down the opportunity to try your wonderful baking!!

Dianne said...

The pie was great!!!!