Thursday, August 30, 2007

ANONYMOUS PRAYER

I ask God for strength,
that I might achieve...

I was made weak,
that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health,
that I might do greater things...

I was given infirmity,
that I might do better things.

I asked for riches,
that I might be happy...

I was given poverty,
that I might be wise.

I asked for power,
that I might have the praise of men...

I was given weakness,
that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things,
that I might enjoy life...

I was given life,
that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for,
but everything I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself,
my unspoken prayers were answered.

I am among all men(women), most richly blessed!

Last night when I read Naomi her bedtime book, we read the story of Moses. It showed him with the Ten Commandments, and she wanted to know what they were. So I got the prayer book I have had since 1975 and read them to her. In the processes I started to take a closer look at the prayers it had to offer. The book is well worn as you can see, and I'm glad to bring it out again to share with my children. I thought I would share some of them with you too. (One at a time, of course). Peace be with you all.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

We are blessed in many ways. Most of all we should be grateful for our unanswered prayers because God does know best.

We love you all.

Dina said...

that was nice! Its so true how we all pray..for the things we WANT, but not things we should be asking for!

I love that your teachings are instilled in your kids. I'm glad that we pray togther and that at 3 she knows who GOD IS!!