Sunday, March 08, 2009

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION posted a little late

We did celebrate on Elijah's birthday but with school and the skunk smell it was a little low key. Because of several roadblocks he felt his birthday was anti-climatic. He said he didn't even want a cake! Who ever heard of celebrating with out a cake?! (Unless your husbands birthday was the week before and you still had most of a ice cream cake left). So being the sweet mama I am, I set off to make him a cake. Because he said he didn't care, and I had the pink icing from Naomi's original birthday cake idea (she DID care, very much so that I had to scrap the first idea) he ended up with a chocolate cake with pink trim. Turns out he did care, and he REALLY liked the pink icing (thought it was cool)! So many candles, now I realize why they make sheet cakes!
Being the good sport that he is, posing for a picture.

One of the few gifts he received. Cool little game from Naomi called Q20. We have one of the original ones I think it's called Q10.

Did I say he didn't receive too many gifts? I think he got exactly what he wanted, the right size and color.

My girl doing what she does best, being silly striking a pose!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I can't get used to Elijah's hair! The cake looks good. Not quite the turtle cake, but delicious.

Naomi has THAT LOOK. Did she talk him out of any money?

Kathy said...

Mom-IN HER DREAMS!!! Elijah IS generous, just not THAT generous. He just let her have a little fun. We did, and have missed you and dad! We look forward to seeing you soon.

We love you!

Dina said...

OMG!! Happy birthday Elijah!!! Ya know, I like the new hair. ok, your either going to hate me or not for saying this...he looks like "spiderman" Tobey Maguire!!! I think Tobeys handsome!! and the wad of cash....are you SURE its NOT Tobey??!!! love the cake :)))