Tuesday, March 03, 2009

SKUNK SPRAY

I just had the most horrible experience! One of my dogs got sprayed by a skunk!!! Being the younger more curious one, apparently went directly up to the skunk and got sprayed in the face. I felt so bad for her and was a little worried. She was foaming at the mouth, miserable.

To top it off, the house started to smell. One that I can hardly describe. I read on line people compared it to burning rubber but that is not it at all. It is like a sickening strong garlic and onion smell. I don't know that I will ever be the same!

Now, I must see some humor in this, otherwise it's sad. The kids will be made fun of.....

I am at the local Rite aid and I hear people talking, "something smells bad". I walk around a little bit more. "I didn't smell anything out side", "smells like a skunk". I couldn't take it any longer! I confess, it's me. Then she starts holding her nose!!!

Now I am home and try the solution I have found on the web. It seems to work a little, but the house is still contaminated. So I get the idea to use febreeze but we are running low. Now I must make a trip to wal-mart.

I walk in pretty much unnoticed. Then I head to the cleaning supplies, am there only a moment when I hear, "Man, it stinks over here". The other worker replies he can't smell anything and they go back and forth. I can't take it any longer and once again confess, "It's me, me dog got sprayed". I got a little sympathy but I could tell he was miserable.

I move on to the food isle still needing to fix lunches for my kids. People sniffing everywhere, talking among themselves. By the time I get to the checkout I hear more speculations on what the smell might be. I can barely contain myself. I have a basket full of febreeze and various other odor eliminating products and people all around me wondering what is smelling. I heard skunk quite a bit but the funniest was the lady who said, " They must be working on something inside here". Yeah, right.

3 comments:

lostinrain said...

I wouldn't worry about that! It is a natural smell, you didn't get like this on purpose (dogs do these things and you have to care for your dog), and you are actively trying to remedy the situation. Many people stink so egregiously that I can't breath as they walk past or if they stand near me! And they do it on purpose every morning with their perfumes and colognes!

Dianne said...

It was so awful, it was funny. However, I do agree with lostinrain about the overuse of perfumes and colognes. How does your house smell?

Dina said...

ahhh you poor guys! your poor dog!! I've smelled skunk and it is definetly something you want to get rid of!