Friday, March 27, 2009

IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME

DO THESE DOGS LOOK SMART TO YOU?Butter and Flash
I have been working with them for a few weeks on a new trick. Both of them are smart, but Flash is a little quicker to respond. He is a year older and has always been more laid back. I think they like the challenge and LOVE the treat!
So, today when I came home from work, the house was quiet so I thought I would give it a try.
And Flash did it! He rolled over!!!
I think this is one of the hardest tricks for and animal to do. Mostly, I think because it shows vulnerability and submission.
Butter did it too, I just had to start her over, but once on her back she rolled over too.
They may drive me crazy and be a little stinky at times but I love them. They are fun to be around and obviously give us hours of entertainment.
And now, you too!

2 comments:

Dina said...

they are adorable! I miss having a dog. there isn't a DAY that goes by that Tiki doesn't see someone with a dog and say "I WISH we could have a dog!" I know. its where we live. no dogs allowed!

Kathy said...

Dina-I wish you had a dog too! They are so much fun and give so much love. Maybe one day you will live where Tiki can have her dog.

In the meantime, think about all the money that you save with vet bills and dog food. Plus, you don't have to clean up ANY poop!