Wednesday, March 04, 2009

STINKY UPDATE

I'm just sitting down for a minute after dinner. I have been to the pet store to get the de-skunk spray, tried it on the carpet in a inconspicuous spot and waiting for it to dry. I dreamt about skunks all night and awoke to the pungent smell. Before we went to bed last night we had febreezed the entire house in hopes it would neutralize the smell. I even drove the little car and made Joe drive the truck in hopes that the smell would at least stay here and not follow us around.

My hopes were shattered around 8:30 when Naomi's teacher called saying that she thought her backpack was sprayed by a skunk. I told her about the "incident" and how I sprayed her with febreeze to eliminate any lingering odors. I guess febreeze is not a long acting odor remover as they would have you believe by the commercials! Anyway, she said she thought her lunch was ruined and would I please bring her another.

Being the good mom I am I packed her another in a gallon zip lock baggie and went to work. Once I arrived at work I explained the situation to my client (planning on leaving while the color processed) they said that the skunk smell was still on me. I completely saturated my hair with febreeze! I get to school and Naomi's lunch, backpack and coat are all tied up in a bag outside. It was pitiful!!!

The rest of the day was ok, I had to put my hair in a ponytail because of the smell. People thought I had given a perm (which is ok I guess), but my real concern was the kids.

I pick Elijah up first and ask how his day went. He starts laughing saying it went good and bad. He had the same reaction that I got in the stores. Classmates noticing how bad things smelt but never suspecting him.

Levi had it the worst with the kids telling him he needed a bath. I think he did OK today but I pray he stays strong as long as the smell does.

Let's just say Naomi's a mess. No one said anything to her but, she no longer has a coat ( I refuse to wear mine ) thank goodness it has warmed up some, she has only one sock on, the other is in the lunch baggie. And, to top it off her pants are unzipped.

Life is good.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Oh Lord, What is next? I told our dinner group about your skunk tonight. Everyone laughed and you all will too. Just not yet. When you look back on this, it will be just another funny story to tell.

It doesn't seem like it now, but it is funny and you all will see the humor in it too. Much Later! ;)

Dina said...

builds character ....being poked at a bit!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Why would the stink cause you to have to put your hair in a ponytail?